Friday, January 22, 2010

Light in the Darkness

As I sit here at work all alone in my office, I look outside and the gloominess that has taken over the skys has so quickly taken over me. I felt alone, cold, saddened. Memories of my past start to flash before me. People i have hurt I keep picturing in my mind and my heart feels their pain. My heart longs to Hold them and cry on their shoulders in regret and forgiveness. I feel my heart pound, my hands getting clamy, my throut getting tight and I can feel my pulse in my head.  I start to ask myself WHY! And a million questions start running through my mind. If ONLY.....I keep telling myself. I wonder of friendships that could have been. GREAT ones I can only Imagine. As my eyes swell with tears I take another glance outside at the gloominess that has taken over me. And to my suprise, for just a smidget of a second the gloominess turned to light. It was no longer dark outside because there was a hint of light! I wiped my eyes before a tear would fall and took another look and the light was gone. A smile came over me and I got up out of my seat went to the Window and looked up at the sky. And right then and there I knew! God is with me and I no longer need to sit in Darkness. Those who by sin were darkness, by grace become light in the Lord. Its only by Gods grace that we are forgiven and set free. Those friendships that are no longer, hurt, but are always in my prayers. And those friendships that could have been mine, may be needed more by someone else. So I thank God that he is the author of life and he directs my path. I will now smile in dark and laugh in the light. Tears will fall but thet will be tears of Joy and Laughter.

You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light. (2 Samuel 22:29 )

Therefore I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations; I will sing praises to your name. (2 Samuel 22:50)  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment