Thursday, January 7, 2010

CAFFEINE!

So I am here at work with an excrutiating headache! And the type of headache I have is called a Caffeine headache!!!! Just Brutal! I dont ever wish this on anyone. What basicallyt happens is when you drink caffeine alot (and I mean like everyday like cups and cups of it) and then you try to stop drinking it completely, oh man thats when you get the caffeine headaches! It's like your body cannot function with out it. Its so used to having it be an every day part of your life that when you dont have it, Your body lets you know IT NEEDS IT! Sounds horrible I know but atleast its not drugs or something worse.
Well this got me thinking, How much longer will the headach last? Will it go away if I just drink a can of Pepsi? And then I started comparing this to my everyday life. What happens when we take God out of our lives? Do we get headaches? or worse? Chaos in our lives? Does our body tell us that we need Him? Will we be satisfyed with just a taste of Christ or will we need to constantly fill ourselves with more of him daily? Will all Chaos in our lives go away when we do?

Then this scripture came to me, "I am the vine; you are the branches," said Jesus. "If a man abides in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5)


It all makes sence! Without Christ in our lives we are nothing. We are just as unfunctionable as someone without caffeine with a huge caffeine headache! We need to always have Christ in our lives daily and we will bear much fruit!